First of all, thank you so much for my massage with you. This has got to be the most I ever got out of a massage. I can feel some difference in my back as well as my neck. It’s like I told my husband, you really care how your Clients feel.
Slow down after you’re session and you will give the changes a better chance to stick with you for awhile.
- Try not to rush into something else immediately after you’re session (ie jump into the shower to make a dinner reservation). Some people thrive on rushing, yes, I get it, but I PROMISE YOU! you will appreciate the massage infinitely more if you take a few down beats after it.
- Ask about different modalities such as Reflexology, CranioSacral, LomiLomi, Deep Tissue, Gua Sha, Myofascial Release, Lymphatic Massage, Aromatherapy – try something new.
- Speak up during your session. Remember you are in charge of the session. If something doesn’t feel right then by all means say something. Want more pressure, ask for it (within reason, of course) and if it’s too deep and want lighter work ask for that as well. A professional Bodyworker/Massage Therapist will always do their best to accommodate your wishes.
- Communicate with your Massage Therapist but don’t feel like you have to talk the entire time, if you want to take a nap, meditate or fade away for awhile that is perfectly fine. On the flip side, if you find that you are able to relax more with a little conversation then by all means do what feels comfortable to you. Remember, you’re in charge.
- Schedule ahead of time. Last minute bookings are usually welcome by most therapists but guaranteed you will ALWAYS have a much better session if the Massage therapist has time to plan ahead for you scheduled appointment.
The best place in my opinion is always outside on the lanai, especially if you are near the ocean and can hear the waves and feel the trade winds caress your skin as you receive your massage session. BUT it is EXTREMELY hot here in the sun so there must be COMPLETE shade coverage as in the picture above to have your massage outside.