Most of us have web-sites (www.MauiOutCallMassage.com) so you can learn a little more about us, why we do what we do, what modalities we offer, how long we have been in practice and what locations we travel to or work in. YELP is a great tool when searching for Massage on Maui.
- Find a Massage Therapist who is passionate about the work. If they don’t fully love giving Massages you will definitely feel this in the session. I prefer Therapists who engage in the work full-time rather than just a part-time hobby or something to do for extra cash.
- Ask about different modalities such as Reflexology, CranioSacral, LomiLomi, Deep Tissue, Reflexology – try something new. Different modalities offer different experiences on the table. Do you want to completely relax and fade away? Have a headache? Want to work out a sports injury? An experienced Massage Therapist will be able to customize a session to how you want to feel – if they only have one speed or routine I suggest you keep searching.
- Speak up during your session. Remember you are in charge of the session. If something doesn’t feel right then by all means say something. Want more pressure, ask for it (within reason, of course) and if it’s too deep and want lighter work ask for that as well. A professional Bodyworker/Massage Therapist will always do their best to accommodate your wishes and will be able to hold back or go deeper on the pressure if you ask them to.
- Communicate with your Massage Therapist but don’t feel like you have to talk the entire time, if you want to take a nap, meditate or fade away for awhile that is perfectly fine. On the flip side, if you find that you are able to relax more with a little conversation then by all means do what feels comfortable to you. Remember, you’re in charge.
- Schedule ahead of time. Last minute bookings (such as within the next hour) are usually welcome by most therapists but guaranteed you will ALWAYS have a much better session if the Massage therapist has time (at least more than one or two) to plan ahead for you scheduled appointment.